Our Settlement Services provide immigrants and refugees with services that they need when they arrive in Canada.
Our services are free, confidential, non-discriminatory and culturally sensitive.
If you are a recent immigrant, we can help you.
- Our staff will meet with you to assess your needs and will help you to resolve the issue or refer you to other services in the community.
- Our staff can answer your questions such as: how to find a place to live, where to learn a new language, how to obtain Canadian documents, how to find work, how to sponsor your family, how to get medical assistance, and many more.
- We provide you with information and orientation about education and the school system, government and community services, government benefits, health care, and respond to all your questions about life in Canada. We offer workshops on important topics such as how to prepare for the citizenship test, financial literacy and other topics..
- We can help you with various forms such, as work permits, citizenship documents, sponsorship papers, driver’s licence, health cards, and more.
- Our Supportive Counselling services will help you and your family develop the skills to cope with stress and ease the transition to a new culture and country.
- We provide services in many languages. We can also refer you to translation services if there is a need to translate your documents.