Settlement Services

Our Settlement Services provide immigrants and refugees with services that they need when they arrive in Canada. Our services are free, confidential, non-discriminatory and culturally sensitive. Our staff will meet with you to assess your needs and will help you to resolve the issue or refer you to other services in the community.


We offer services to permanent residents, refugee claimants, international students, temporary foreign workers, government-assisted refugees, privately-sponsored refugees and other newcomers.


Here’s what we can help you with. (You can also download our Digital Newcomers’ Guide)


Permanent Residency: We can help you fill out documents and guide you through the application process.

Documents: Driver’s licence, health card, work permits. We can help you with all of them.

Citizenship: We have monthly workshops to prepare you for the Citizenship test and the application

Housing: Are you having trouble with your landlord? Talk to us to learn your rights.

Supportive Counselling: We can help you and your family develop the skills to cope with stress and ease the transition to a new culture and country.

Youth: We have a variety of workshops and activities to keep your younger family members busy and engaged. We help young people between the ages of 15 and 25.

Life in Ottawa: Learn how to use transit, enroll your children into school, find places to shop for food and clothing, dress for winter, file your taxes, find free fun activities for the family and more.

Sponsorship: We can help you learn how to sponsor family members.

International Students: The international Students Project helps international students in Canada with their settlement needs with a particular focus on pre-employment. We help ensure you have the right tools to find appropriate employment that could lead you to becoming eligible for Permanent Residence under IRCC’s Express Entry. You can expect to develop skills on pre-employment capabilities, such as resume building, interview mentorship, job-postings referrals; as well as tailored information regarding Study Permit/Post-Graduate Work Permit applications.


If there is something you need and we don’t offer the service, we will connect you with another organization that can provide you with that service. We have many partners across the city who work with newcomers like you every day.


Most Popular Documents

Permanent Residency

Ontario Health Card

Work Permit

Canadian Citizenship

Send us a message