The Catholic Centre for Immigrants (CCI) depends on the contributions of generous, skilled and committed volunteers. We offer a wide range of opportunities designed to be meaningful for the volunteer and to enhance our services for newcomers.
All volunteer opportunities are posted below. Please check regularly as our need for volunteers fluctuates.
We are looking for:
- Youth volunteers under 30 years of age
- Available evenings and weekends
- Ability to facilitate workshops and group sessions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in other languages is a strong asset
- Ability to perform duties independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to function in a multidisciplinary, culturally diverse workplace
- Proficiency with all social media platforms, computer applications, including but not limited to Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Available for a full school semester as many of our programs run concurrent with the school schedule
If you have these skills and you’re interested in a volunteer opportunity, please fill out and submit the form below.
The Matching Program provides one-on-one support to help newcomers adjust and integrate into life in Canada by introducing recent refugees and immigrants to established members of the Ottawa community. As a Matching Program volunteer, you will help newcomers learn about Canadian culture and traditions, community resources, recreational opportunities and social/job networks. The program also provides newcomers an opportunity to practise their English.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Patient, friendly and open-minded
- Familiar with Canadian culture and values
- Able to commit to four hours a week for six months
- Fluent in English (Other languages might be an asset)
- Have a solid knowledge of life in Ottawa
If you are interested in volunteering with the Matching Program, please fill out and submit the form below.