The Catholic Centre for Immigrants (CCI) depends on the contributions of generous, skilled and committed volunteers. We offer a wide range of opportunities designed to be meaningful for the volunteer and to enhance our services for newcomers.
All volunteer opportunities are posted below. Please check regularly as our need for volunteers fluctuates.
The Matching Program helps newcomers integrate into Canadian life by connecting with established members of the Ottawa community. Matches between newcomers and volunteers can be one-on-one, family-to-family, or one volunteer with a newcomer family.
Main areas of involvement:
- Help newcomers practise English or French
- Help newcomers learn about Canadian culture and traditions
- Help newcomers connect to community services
- Participate in recreational opportunities
- Build social and job networks
- Fluency in French or English
- A good understanding of life in Canada, familiarity with Canadian culture and the City of Ottawa
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the challenges and barriers facing new immigrants to Canada
- Patience, kindness and an interest in other cultures
- Four hours a week for six months
If you are interested in volunteering with the Matching Program, please fill out our volunteer form.