COVID 19 resources
for Ottawa newcomers
Catholic Centre for Immigrants – Ottawa
A message to our community about COVID 19
We are committed to maintaining critical and essential services to clients. As the COVID 19 situation continues to evolve around the world and in Canada, the Catholic Centre for Immigrants is following the advice of Public Health Officials to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and clients.
Here is an update regarding actions we are taking to respond to the COVID 19 situation:
- Effective immediately, we are discontinuing in-person services and closing the office to clients until further notice. Our staff are working from home and will be providing services remotely. Clients can access services by calling our reception desk at 613-232-9634 and the receptionist will direct their call to appropriate staff.
- We are suspending all Volunteer Program activities until further notice.
- Our Management Team will continue to work on site to ensure we can continue our vital business operations.
- We are continuing to monitor information from Public Health Officials and take appropriate precautions as per their advice.
We encourage our clients and volunteers to stay up to date by reading the COVID 19 information that is available from Ottawa Public Health, the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. Please refer to the following links:
- Ottawa Public Health Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Web Site
- Government of Ontario Novel Coronavirus (COVID 19) Web Page
- Government of Canada Coronavirus Disease (COVID 19) Web Page
We thank you for your patience and support as we work to ensure community health and safety. We will provide regular updates with information that has an an impact on CCI programs and services.
Venezuela is in crisis. The South American country has been in decline for years with a collapsing economy and increasing political opposition. In 2018, abut 4 million Venezuelans fled the country to escape violence, food shortages and hyperinflation. We want to...
Every day CCI Ottawa works with numerous partners to ensure newcomers are provided with the tools, resources and care to reach their full potential. Every month, we want to highlight for you the work of another agency. This month, the Ottawa Mennonite Refugee...
Ten years ago, a friend and I started an initiative to help newcomers during the holidays. We donated a large load of groceries to a newcomer family in need. We connected with the family through my mother’s friend. Two years later, in 2012, I connected to the Catholic...