The Community Connections Program encourages social, cultural and professional interactions between newcomers and the established community. It assists immigrants and refugees to become engaged and feel at home in Ottawa.
If you are new to Canada, our staff and volunteers will help you to:
- Improve your language proficiency in French or English (Improve your English or French)
- Learn about public services and how to access them
- Improve your knowledge and confidence about adapting to life in Canada
- Become more confident in dealing with Canadian systems (legal, educational, political, etc.).
- Participate in activities in the community-at-large
- Become a volunteer
- Expand your social network (meet more people)
- Feel more at home.
Program activities include:
The Community connections program offers group activities to help you practice your English and French, meet people and learn about Canadian and other cultures.
Other activities will introduce you to people and places and help you to become familiar with local services, community events and celebrations.
You will visit sites of interest, learn new skills and broaden your circle of contacts.
For more information contact our Community Connections team:
Javier 613-232-9634 ext. 387
Lulama 613 232-9634 ext. 321
Karen 613 232-9634 ext. 394
or send us an email at: email@example.com
Volunteer participation is essential to the success of our program activities. Volunteering with CCI is a way to share your talents, gain workplace experience and contribute to your community.
For more information or to complete a Volunteer Application Form, see CCI Ottawa’s Volunteers page.
We offer services and activities for youth. For more information see our Youth Program.