Our Settlement Services provide newcomers and immigrants with services that they need when they arrive in Canada.
Our services are free, confidential, non-discriminatory and culturally sensitive.
If you are a newcomer or a recent immigrant, we can help you.
- Our staff will meet with you to assess your needs and will help you to resolve the issue, or refer you to other specialized services in the community.
- Our staff can answer your questions, such as: how to find a place to live, where to learn a new language, how to obtain Canadian documents, how to find work, how to sponsor your family, how to get medical assistance, and many more.
- We provide you with information and orientation about education and the school system, government and community services, social benefits, health care, finding a job, housing, etc. and respond to all your inquiries about life in Canada. We also offer group information sessions on important topics to help you to gain knowledge and access additional resources.
- We provide you with basic information about immigration and citizenship processes and help you fill out various forms and applications.
- Our Supportive Counselling services are available to assist you or your family to develop skills to cope with stress and ease the transition to a new culture and environment.
- Through the combined expertise of our staff and volunteers, we are able to provide services in many languages. We also refer you to translation services if there is a need to translate your documents.