The Career Transitions Program for International Medical Doctors (IMDs) is a comprehensive employment preparation program which provides focused training for unemployed or under-employed IMDs and other health care professionals in their efforts to gain employment in non-regulated health care-related roles.
Program overview for International Medical Doctors and International Health Professional: Client Overview-Employment and Volunteer Roles-2016
Program overview for employers: Employer-Overview-Employment and Volunteer Roles-2016
CT-33-Program Schedule-May-2016 Starts May 2nd – register now!
- Must be an internationally-licensed medical doctor or other health care professional
- English language competency
- Positive and flexible attitude along with a sincere desire to move forward
- Available to attend and participate in all workshops and fulfill workshop tasks as set out
Career Transitions offers 30 hours of training in:
- Canadian business culture and health sector jobs
- Transferable skills
- Retraining possibilities
- “Action Plans”
- How candidates can market themselves for employment
- Writing effective résumés and cover letters
- Succeeding in job interviews
It also provides ongoing support with:
- Résumés and cover letters
- Interview preparation
- Job search assistance and career guidance
- Volunteer placements and mentorship matches
- Staffing services provided to local employers
There is no cost for participating in the Career Transitions program.
The Career Transitions program is delivered in partnership with World Skills.
For More Information Contact:
Arber Zaplluzha, Program Manager (613) 232-9634 Ext. 418
Michelle James, Job Developer (613) 232-9634 Ext. 322