Learn, Play, Connect, Celebrate
The Community Cup event started in Ottawa in 2005 as a small soccer tournament for new immigrants, organized by the Catholic Centre for Immigrants. The objective is to connect newcomers to non-newcomers, create friendships, and to celebrate Ottawa’s welcoming community. Over the years it has developed into a full blown community festival with over 2,000 visitors.
The Community Cup welcomes, connects, and integrates newcomers to the community through sport and volunteerism. It is a “friend-raiser” event and is like no other event in Ottawa in its ability to contribute to the integration efforts of newcomers.
The Community Cup promotes healthy living, cultural sharing, network building, civic engagement, and fun!
A recreational soccer tournament is a big part of the Community Cup celebration that takes place annually during the last weekend of June.
- A 48 team co-ed recreational 7-on-7 Soccer Tournament for ages 15 and up.
- A Community Tent hosting 25 Ottawa-area non-profit and community service organizations.
- Live entertainment and music with a multicultural flavour.
- A Kids Zone for ages 14 and under providing non-stop activities, games, crafts, entertainment and a youth soccer challenge.
- An Interactive Demonstration Sports area presented by various sports clubs/groups to learn and try out new sports and find out how to get involved. All abilities welcomed.
- A Canadian Citizenship Ceremony where visitors can witness how we welcome newcomers to our great country.
- Delicious local food provided by diverse food trucks and vendors.
Volunteer with the Community Cup
We welcome up to 150 volunteers to help plan, develop and run the event.
For more information, please call:
Laurie Hinsperger at (613) 232-9634, ext 345