Career Transitions Program
Are you interested in participating in our Career Transitions Program? Please see below for eligibility and program description.
- Internationally trained medical doctor or other international health professional.
- Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or a Canadian citizen born abroad.
- Canadian Language Benchmark score of 7 or higher.
- Positive and flexible attitude along with a sincere desire to move forward.
- Available to attend and participate in 11 workshops and fulfill workshop tasks.
- Adapting to Canadian workplace culture
- Identifying your transferable skills
- Searching for jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Writing effective resumes and cover letters
- Marketing yourself while networking, in interviews and in social media
- Succeeding in job interviews
By completing the Career Transitions Program, you will be eligible to receive ongoing support in your career search. This includes:
- Weekly emails with the latest job postings, volunteer opportunities and networking and learning events
- Ongoing support with resumes, cover letters and applications
- Special opportunities based on your specific talents and skills from employers and community partners